2017 North American Heartland Owners Rally – Goshen
Heartland Gives Back
The Heartland Gives Back Initiative (HGBi) is an initiative by the Heartland Owners Club to “give back” to the communities we rally in. For each national rally, we choose one or more organizations as our HGBi beneficiaries.
This year’s Heartland Gives Back Initiative (HGBi) gives us two very special opportunities for giving back to the Elkhart County community we’ll be rallying in. The programs we’ve developed for these opportunities are Heartland Baby Blessings (HBB) and Heartland Hats and Hugs (HHH).
Heartland Baby Blessings (HBB)
HOC members can put their love and talents into sewing, knitting, crocheting or purchasing baby items to give to community families in need through the Elkhart County Extension Homemakers.
Heartland Hats & Hugs (HHH)
The second opportunity for giving back is for adult cancer patients at the Goshen Center for Cancer Care with handmade or store-bought chemo caps and shawls. Monetary donations are welcome.
TURN IN EVENT
- Friday, June 16, 12:30 PM – Donors Luncheon and Presentation (Ag Hall)
RSVP required – email invitations will be sent
- Donors can turn in their HBB and HHH donations, have lunch and social time, and meet the Elkhart County Extension Director and the Cancer Care Center Survivor Network Coordinator
Baby items needed
Sizes Newborn to 36 months. Handmade with love or store bought with a caring heart:
– Blankets, caps, booties, mittens, sleep sacks, clothing
Suggestions for store-bought baby items:
– Diapers (sizes from newborn to 4), Wipes, Baby food & formula, Outlet Covers & cabinet safety latches, Smoke Alarms,Thermometers, Baby Shampoo & lotion, Infant and Toddler Sunscreen, Bibs & burp cloths
Cancer Care items needed
– Chemo Caps & Shawls – in adult sizes
Packaging of Items
All handmade items should be packaged for donating:
1. Place in sealed storage bag(s) to keep item(s) clean
2. Label identifying what item is, size if applicable, and quantity
Judi Barnett (HBB Coordinator) at 757-570-5009 or Ann Parrish (HHH Coordinator) at 770-757-4895
THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY!
Follow this link to the “latest” version of this Heartland Gives Back initiative. A final version of this flier will be in your rally packet.
Follow this link to learn more about and to discuss these Heartland Gives Back initiatives