May 17, 2016 by RV Business
Heartland Recreational Vehicles LLC has instituted a series of organizational changes to better manage the company’s growing portfolio of companies while also setting the groundwork for further expansion.
“For the past four-plus years, some of my major goals to better anchor and support the companies that we manage under the Thor Industries Inc. umbrella are in place and it’s time to restructure our team to take full advantage of the opportunities in front of us,” said Chris Hermon, president of Elkhart, Ind.-based Heartland which now has oversight of Cruiser RV, DRV, Breckenridge and Bison operations. “We have successfully leveraged our key management to achieve that goal, but we have reached a point where we need to fine-tune and restructure our operations, particularly with the growth of our company this year and with some of the additional opportunities on the West Coast.”
According to release, changes will include:
• Joel Eberlein will serve as senior general manager responsible for overseeing the Big Country, Elk Ridge, Landmark, Road Warrior and Edge brands. Andy Westorp will continue as general manager for Landmark while assuming day-to-day responsibility of managing Road Warrior and Edge. Brent Hamood has been named product manager for Big Country and Elk Ridge.
• AJ Jones has been named senior general manager responsible for overseeing the Cyclone, Torque, Gateway and Sundance brands. He will also be responsible for the Sundance lines at Heartland’s Nampa, Idaho, facility. General Manager Paul Craven will continue to handle day-to-day operations of Sundance and Gateway. Chris Hahaj will become product manager for Cyclone and Torque.
• Kyle Miller has been named senior general manger responsible for overseeing all Cruiser RV and DRV products.
• Jay Mohamed will be general manager of Shadow Cruiser, Fun Finder and Stryker. He will also have responsibilities at the Nampa facility.
• Jeff Fought will be general manager over DRV including the Mobile Suites, Elite Suites and Full House brands.
• John Jones will be product manager over the MPG, Radiance and Boss lines of Cruiser RV.
“Heartland has seen tremendous growth, and we continue to strive for not only progressive, cutting-edge product design and development, but also for a 24-7 commitment to customer service,” Hermon said. “We have built a reputation for delivering product that stays in step with an increasingly discerning consumer base while also providing value and profitability for our dealer partners. This restructuring ensures that we will continue to deliver that same caliber of service in the future.”
Coley Brady, vice president of sales, noted, “Heartland has always relied on a strong stable of managers, and this realignment reinforces our faith in their abilities. Our sales and product teams have formed an incredible bond and we are excited about what they can achieve in the future both in Elkhart County and in the western states through our Idaho facility.”