NHTSA Releases Latest RV-Related Recalls List
June 27, 2016 by RVBusiness
Editor’s Note: The following is a list of recent RV-related recalls compiled by the U.S National Highway Transportation Safety Association (NHTSA).
* Heartland Recreational Vehicles LLC is recalling 172 2016-2017 trailers manufactured Sept. 28, 2015, to April 30, 2016. The safety chains located on the A- frame are rated for 11,700 pounds instead of chains that are rated equal or greater than the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR).
* Forest River Inc. is recalling 13 2016-2017 Forester and Sunseeker recreational vehicles manufactured from Feb. 29, 2016, through April 20, 2016. These vehicles are equipped with a shower door that may not meet the flammability standards. Thus, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 302, “Flammability of Interior Materials.”
* Heartland Recreational Vehicles LLC is recalling 618 2017 trailers manufactured Feb. 29, 2016, to May 5, 2016. The certification labels have incorrect tire pressure information, failing to comply with the requirements of 49 CFR Part 567, “Certification.”
* Forest River Inc. is recalling 68 2016 Stealth Evo recreational vehicle trailers, models CSJT280RKS and CSJT290QBS, manufactured Jan. 7, 2016, to March 18, 2016. The affected vehicles may have had tires of the wrong load range installed which may result in premature tire failure. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 110, “Tire Selection and Rims and Motor Home/Recreation Vehicle Trailer Load Carrying Capacity Information for Motor Vehicles with a GVWR of 10,000 pounds or less.”
* Jayco Inc. is recalling 26 2017 Jay Flight trailers manufactured May 6, 2016, to May 9, 2016. The weight ratings on the tire labels are incorrect. Thus, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 110, “Tire Selection and Rims.”
* Keystone RV Co. is recalling 402 2016-2017 Keystone Summerland recreational trailers, models 1700FQ, 1750RD and 1800BH, manufactured April 8, 2016, to April 20, 2016. The trailers may have been manufactured with ST215/75R14 Load Range C tires rated for 1, 870 pounds, when they should have been manufactured with ST215/75R14 Load Range D tires rated for 2,200 pounds.
* Thor Motor Coach is recalling 463 2014-2016 Tuscany motor homes manufactured Feb. 28, 2013, to Aug. 31, 2015 and built on chassis supplied by Daimler Trucks North America. On certain motorhome chassis built with a heavier, adjustable foot pedal, the brake activation signal to certain towed devices may not deactivate when the motorhome service brakes are released.